Ads by Smowtion

Monday, April 4, 2011

Hero's Sister wants to do masala films, Soha Ali Khan wants to do Masala Films, Saif sister Soha Wants to do Masala Films


Soha Ali Khan(Saif Ali Khan's sister) wants to do more masala films in Bollywood but says she does not want to be a part of the rat race. The actress says she is happy in her own space and does not want to rush through life.

"It all depends on the rat race. Unfortunately or fortunately everything has become about money. But I am not interested in making money, being a star or being famous. I am interested in working. I would rather not be popular and do good work. I love acting. Being an actor I can be part of both the worlds. I would love to do more masala movies," said Soha.

Soha, however, is looking forward to expand her portfolio with all kinds of role. She is also doing her first comedy Chemistry with Shreyas Talpade.

"It is my first comedy. It is mad, there is no social message at all which is great fun too. I think it is difficult to do comedy because no one can help you. But it is liberating also," she says.

The petite star shared the screen space with her mother Sharmila Tagore for the first time in 'Life Goes On', a modern adaptation of Shakespeare's King Lear. The film, in English, was released in India last Friday.

"I was keen to share some filmography with my mother. It was fun to work with my mother. She is such a great performer," she says.

The only problem was that it was hard to see her mother die onscreen.

"It did not affect me that much while we were shooting for the film but I could not stop crying after I saw it onscreen. I also remember that there was a scene where we are mourning her loss and I kept calling my mother, who was in Cannes having dinner with Brat Pitt and Angelina Jolie," she says with a laugh.