Ads by Smowtion

Friday, February 4, 2011

Tabu says "I am exclusive", I am exclusive, Tabu, Latest photos of Tabu, Actress Tabu Pictures


Tabu is on cloud nine. Shooting for Ang Lee's film in Pondicherry, the year began with some fabulous unexpected news for her. She's won the fourth highest civilian title - the Padma Shri. "And the feeling is still sinking in," she confesses.

"There's a certain ring to it isn't it? Padma Shri Tabassum Hashmi (yes, that's her full name)," she says with a broad smile. "Coming from a middle-class family in Hyderabad, I was an introvert. I chose to be the way I am. Today, when I look back at my long and meandering journey in tinsel town, it seems worth every moment of hard work. With no backing of a Godfather or any other man, this award celebrates my achievement as a single woman," she added.

The moment is also pregnant with hopes of newer initiatives apart from films in the near future. "I am taking small gaps in between my films to experience the other aspects of life. I will consider pursuing them, if it pays good money to me. Well, why not? I am not closed to any new ideas. But films are my first love," she announces.

Known as a private person, Tabu still prefers to remain in the midst of a chosen few. "I am not reclusive, I'm exclusive. With such a big population around us, does everyone open up to everyone else. In that scenario, I am in a majority," she laughs. Summing up all that has gone by in her life, she feels no one can predict the future but one must be objective enough in the present. "I've crossed many a cultural and gender barriers as a woman. I've always gone with the flow. Today, I stand tall and feel proud of my decisions. Tomorrow's another day. Masha Allah!" she ends.