Ads by Smowtion

Friday, March 11, 2011

Taliban Osama's gang threatens Veena Malik, Veena Malik threatened by Osama, Talibans Threatens Veena malik, pakistan, veena malik


Veena Malik, who became a household name after appearing on the Indian reality show, has received death threats from Taliban.

She is in possession of a letter (a copy of which is available with TOI) by Maulana Masood, Mujaheddin leader connected with Osama bin Laden, accusing her of humiliating Islam and Pakistan’s name during her stay in the Bigg Boss’ house. The helpless model-turned-TV star has decided to seek asylum in other countries.

The actress who cosied up with male contestants on the show and flaunted her curves unabashedly was criticised by the media in her country. Says the defiant girl, “I’m an artist and I would have felt guilty if I had done something wrong, but I haven’t. I have worn the same clothes in Pakistan and behaved in the same fashion back home, so suddenly what’s my fault? I cannot be issued death threats for participating in a TV show in India.”

“We are neighbours for God’s sake and artists should have no boundaries to worry about.”

Veena, who is currently shooting a cricket show for an Indian TV news channel says, “I went back to Pakistan knowing the repercussions of my vibe on the show, but I never thought in my wildest of dreams that I would have to contemplate about leaving my country, my birthplace. Right now, I’m being forced to think about seeking asylum. Now that even my parents are being threatened, I don’t see how we can continue to stay in Pakistan.”