Ads by Smowtion

Monday, February 28, 2011

Bal Thackerays smitten by Madhubala!


Matoshree, residence to Shiv Sena supremo Balasaheb Thackeray resounded with a different noise.

The usual roaring of the Tiger was replaced by the resonance of laughter as joviality marked the place, thanks to Rahul, son of Smita Thackeray who made his career choice in movies and the family went to seek blessings from the Thackeray patriarch.

The Tiger was in his element as he rose to the occasion and blessed his grandson and the young team of his film Raada Rox, Rahul's directorial debut in Marathi cinema. It was a pleasant sight to watch the Sena supremo joke, laugh and share anecdotes from his youthful days with a bemused audience, when he worked as a production assistant in the film industry. "On one occasion while I was busy with my work, Madhubala happened to pass by me.

I was dumbstruck and stared at her like a zombie. That one incident made my day and my work as an assistant worthwhile," recalled the old man of Sena politics, amidst huge cheers and hoots. Balasaheb also gave some cinematic tips to his young grandson and asked him to focus on good editing, meaningful and witty visuals and most importantly audiences' interest. He also took the opportunity to take a jibe at youngsters' fashion sense, mostly emphasising on the 'long locks' look sported by guys today.

The team later shifted to a suburban lounge for the music launch which was graced by Bollywood diva Madhuri Dixit. If Balasaheb was a Madhubala fan, grandson Rahul grew up idolising the dhak dhak girl. He says about his idol. "I have always admired her sophistication and her attention to detail in her art. So, naturally I was struck when I first met her but the fact that she graced the function that begins my career was a dream come true. She's a legend and who wouldn't want to cast her?" admitted a smiling Rahul.