Ads by Smowtion

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Kate Winslet was teased for being fat


Actress Kate Winslet has revealed that she was once teased for being chubby.

"I will tell you that when I was heavy, people would say to me -- and it was such a backhanded compliment -- they would say, 'You've got such a beautiful face', in the way of, like, 'Oh, isn't it a shame that from the neck down you're questionable'," Winslet told Glamour magazine.

According to usmagazine.com, the actress also denies ever going under the knife.

"No, I have never tried any of that stuff. I don't have parts of my body that I hate or would like to trade for somebody else's or wish I could surgically adjust into some fantasy version of what they are," she said.

Meanwhile the Oscar-winning actress, who split from director Sam Mendes last year is focused on raising her two children, Mia, 10, and Joe, 7.

"The challenge is making sure that they're never treated different just because I sometimes am. I always want them to be regular kids who are grateful and respectful of other human beings," she said.

"I want them to know that when we fly first-class, that they are lucky. The highest compliment I could ever receive about my kids -- and I can say that this does happen frequently -- is when the in-flight crew say to me, 'Your children are wonderful. They are so well-behaved.' Every time I am told that, I could weep," she added.