Ads by Smowtion

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Farah Khan bolts from operating room during nasal surgery


She has already postponed nose surgery once (last week). This time (yesterday morning, to be precise), Farah Khan bolted from the operating theatre when a thick needle was inserted through her nose!

Says Farah, "I've had sinus attacks for a year now. However, it got really bad last week after I finished shooting for a song in Chandigarh for Joker.

I became so unwell I couldn't move. The cold had blocked my nose. I could barely breathe, let alone talk. My doctor advised an immediate operation to drain my nasal passage of fluids.

The first appointment was on Saturday but I chickened out as I hate surgery! I told him I'd show up Monday. I was on heavy antibiotics till then."

The scene on Monday morning, however, was nothing short of slapstick. "My doctor put me on local anesthesia. As I lay on the operation table, I saw this giant needle being inserted into my nose.

I panicked. The nurse offered to hold my hand but I was so scared by that time, that I would have no needle up my nose, at least as long as I was conscious!"

Off came her surgical gown, on came her clothes, out of her mouth came a few words to her doctor and then she bolted. "I later told my doctor I'd have the surgery after a week!

And he has to give me general anesthesia. And if I feel I'm getting better, I won't do the surgery at all. !"

FK then did a promo video shoot for Just Dance, a reality TV show she judges, that evening. All in a day's work!